CMC – Connect. Meet. Collaborate. – is the professional conference organiser (PCO) specialising in association management and conference management at the University of Cape Town (UCT).
CMC holds unique knowledge of the university processes, venues, protocol and contacts, and academic processes in general.
As an experienced PCO with a dedicated team of coordinators, we understand that each conference (and its organising committee) has unique requirements. This is why we make it a priority to assist and guide the committee to ensure every event is a success. We’ve been organising and planning for more than 30 years and continue to deliver successful events for satisfied returning clients. We have experience in international bid submissions and work in collaboration with the Cape Town Convention Bureau.
Our offices are located in Brickfield Road in Woodstock, Cape Town, meaning we are just a short drive away from all the city centre conference venues and hotels that the beautiful Mother City has to offer. We have long-standing relationships with all major hotel groups, industry bodies as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) ensuring we get the best possible service and deals for your conference.
Our preferred suppliers are experienced and professional, meeting our exacting standards to offer you the best possible product or service.
The CMC is accredited with SAACI (Southern African Association for the Conference Industry) and the Cape Town and Western Cape Convention Bureau, a division of Wesgro; we a member of the Event Greening Forum and Cape Town Tourism.
We provide full-service conference management to the public and private sector:
- Client meetings
- Social functions
- Virtual and online events
- Conference website
- On-site management
- Speaker management
- Delegate management
- Design and print management
- Transport, tours and airport shuttles
- Registration and promotional material
- Venue and accommodation management
- Sponsorship and exhibition management
- Financial management and administration
- Hosting the International Mathematical Olympiade (IMO) 2014 with XX participants from XX countries incl. accommodation on campus, inter-campus shuttle service, catering and social activities.
- Hosting World Universities Debating Championship (WUDC) 2019, held over XX days with XX participants and social events.
- Organising and managing the UCT Travel Vendor Expo, 2017 with XX exhibitors incl. branding, give-aways and exhibitor booths
- Social and formal events campus hosting 100+ people incl. decor, catering, and entertainment.
Impressions: Event support with UCT CMC in pictures
International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), 2014
World Universities Debating Championship (WUDC), 2019
UCT Travel Vendor Expo, 2017