Opportunities for students: Hospitality support (summer vac jobs)
During summer vacation, Stay&Connect manages UCT's student residences and offers on-campus holiday accommodation to visitors from South Africa and overseas. Our team always needs extra hands on deck for the season; in particular, we are looking for candidates for these positions:
- Office Receptionists
- Office Assistants
- Night Managers
- Dining Hall Monitors
- Stock Controller Assistants
Summer vacation as per academic calendar, usually months of November – January, dates TBC.
Ideal opportunity for students to:
- gain practical experience in the hospitality sector by assisting Stay&Connect’s team in day-to-day operations;
- be part of a diverse, dynamic and customer-focused team;
- be a UCT ambassador to South African and international customers and visitors.
- Experience of the UCT Student Housing vacation accommodation programme
- Computer skills and a valid driver's licence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of customers
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or in area of the operation as the need dictates
Details may vary as per position.
To apply, please submit the following, complete set of documents:
- Letter of application
- CV (no certificates), max. four pages
- Details of two referees: name and surname, position and company, email address, telephone number
via email to Ms Phelokazi Mbebe email@example.com
NB: Application closes October. Stay&Connect reserves the right not to make an appointment, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. See the EE Policy available on UCT Employment Equity Overview.
For vacancies at UCT, visit UCT General Vacancies.