Get ready to make memories this summer in beautiful Cape Town! Stay&Connect has the perfect location, value and choice when it comes to booking your holiday accommodation. Don't miss out – December bookings are filling up fast. You're just a few clicks away from securing your holiday spot in one of our premium residences.
Holiday accommodation: summer 2023/24
Dates: 19 November 2023 – 19 January 2024
Rates: from only R 357* per person per night
*Pro rata for a booking of a self-catering flat sleeping six persons. Terms and conditions apply.
Things to do: summer in Cape Town
Cape Town is the ultimate summer destination. Think beach days and mountain hikes, city markets and flying kites. Indulge in local fare and sip fine wine at some of the world's best venues. If you are visiting our city for the first time and have yet to see Cape Town's Big Six Attractions, definitely do so! If you want to explore more treasures and mingle with the locals, here's our list.
Suggestions from the Stay&Connect team
- Food and markets: On Saturday or Sunday, visit the Neighbourgoods Market at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock for an array of produce, crafts, and cuisines. (Top tip: check out the edgy street art graffiti on your way there.) On weekdays, stroll along Bo-Kaap's Rose Street and stop for a coffee and a bite at Bo-Kaap Deli (if luck is on your side, grab one of the outside tables).
- Walk or ride: Experience the captivating beauty of Cape Town's promenade. Enjoy incredible views from Sea Point Pavilion to Mouille Point lighthouse – truly stunning. If biking is your thing, Up Cycle at the Pavilion has you covered with rentals for all ages. And don't miss out on Green Point Urban Park either: a perfect spot for kids and families to take in some fresh air and have fun outdoors!
- Wine and more: Ready to explore Cape Town's famous history-filled wineries? Look no further than the nearby Constantia Valley. A mere hour away, you can enjoy a delightful wine tasting with great food - perfect for an unforgettable day out.
- Beach: Rise and shine for an early start to your day – a beach adventure awaits! Take the Metrorail train to Simon's Town, with stops at Muizenberg and Kalk Bay. Here you can enjoy the waves, treat yourself to some tasty fish & chips (or other delights) and soak up that coastal sun. For something more secluded, visit Oudekraal Beach, situated in Table Mountain National Park between Camps Bay and Hout Bay – perfect spot for an epic braai destination.
- Nature: Visit nearby Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens or the Alphen River Trail for easy strolls in nature – perfect for an afternoon getaway with family.
- Hiking and trail running: Pack the right gear and explore Cape Town's abundant beauty from your Stay& Connect residence! Scale up to Woodstock Cave or take the Rhodes Memorial to Kirstenbosch trail for moderate hikes. Those seeking a difficult challenge can tackle the Three Peaks Traverse across Devil's Peak, Table Mountain and Lion's Head. Also, see Best Cape Town hiking trails for beginners for more routes.
- Evening: Get ready for a fun and entertaining experience at the Baxter Theater! Conveniently located on campus, it showcases everything from classical music to sidesplitting comedy. They also offer family entertainment during the day. Meander down Lower Main Road in bohemian Observatory (or as locals call it 'Obs') and pick a restaurant, bar or coffee shop - you'll be spoilt for choice.
From our Stay&Connect residences, travelling to the city centre and suburbs can be done through various options like metro services, buses, taxis or e-hailing providers – all of which are available along major routes that pass by points of interest. Journey duration and costs may vary depending on your residence location and price fluctuations of providers.
Route 1: Mowbray to Cape Town City Centre
- By train: 14 min, R7–12
- By bus: 15 min
- by taxi: 6 min, R45–55
- By mini taxi: 10 min, R20–40
City centre connects you to routes to the Atlantic Seaboard, Cape Town International Airport and northern suburbs.
Route 2: Mowbray to Muizenberg Beach
- By train: 58 min, R8–15
- By taxi: 22 min, R140–170
The route runs through the southern suburbs and continues to Kalk Bay and Simon's Town.
For more information, visit the City of Cape Town's Getting around. E-hailing services, such as Uber and Bolt, are also available; check prices with the respective provider close to the time of travel.